Play-by-Play/Media (Austin) -- FILLED BY STAA MEMBER

NHL, AHL, ECHL, juniors, indy league and college teams
Jon Chelesnik

Play-by-Play/Media (Austin) -- FILLED BY STAA MEMBER

#1 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Tue Jun 19, 2018 4:57 pm

A junior hockey league team is accepting applications for a Director of Broadcasting and Media Relations. This position is different from the one we posted earlier today.

Full-time with housing.

The complete position description, the name of the employer and contact information was emailed to STAA members the evening of June 19th.

If you're not an STAA member and want this job lead, join STAA now and we'll send it to you.

Employers: thank you for continuing to send your position descriptions to us.
Last edited by Jon Chelesnik on Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jon Chelesnik

Re: Play-by-Play/Media -- FILLED BY STAA MEMBER

#2 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Thu Jun 21, 2018 3:46 pm

Friday evening June 15th, the Austin Bruins sent this position description to STAA and asked that we share it with our members.

Congratulations to STAA's TJ Chillot. He applied immediately, interviewed on Saturday, then was offered and accepted the position on Sunday.

Especially glad for TJ. By all accounts, he did a terrific for the Mississippi RiverKings but lost his job when the team folded at the end of this season.

Congrats TJ!

Jon Chelesnik

Re: Play-by-Play/Media -- FILLED BY STAA MEMBER

#3 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Sat Jun 23, 2018 4:24 pm

When the Mississippi RiverKings called a staff meeting last month, T.J. Chillot assumed it was routine business. Instead, staff members were told the team was folding after 26 years.

Fortunately, an upcoming 72-hour period would change Chillot's career.

"On the day it was announced to us that the RiverKings were ceasing operations, I began leaning on STAA to help me in my hunt. It helped me land my gig with Mississippi in 2017 and just like last summer, I have STAA to thank for my new role in Austin."

Read the full story here.

Visit TJ's website.

STAA members get jobs. If your way isn't working, try ours. Click here to join now or call 949-648-7822.