A challenging circumstance that most basketball play-by-play broadcasters will face at one time or another is having to broadcast many games over the course of a two or three day tournament.
Last year, Montana State University Voice Jay Sanderson did 13 games in four days at the Big Sky Conference tournament.
In this podcast, Jay shares advice for how to be your best come tournament time.
Listen to the Audio
Among the topics we cover:
- Tips on preparing for many games involving several teams
- A shortcut you can take when preparing your charts for tournament time
- A trick for memorizing rosters
- Two foods that he always keeps with him court side
- Two beverages he always consumes on tournament game day — and neither of them is water or coffee
- Three tips for preserving your voice