The Cucamonga Quakes are accepting applications for a broadcasting and media relations intern.
The Quakes are a Class A Advanced baseball team affiliated with the Los Angeles Dodgers and compete in the ten-team California League.
The owners of the Quakes also own and operate three other sports teams, including the Spokane Chiefs Hockey Club, the Spokane Indians Baseball Team and the Tri-City Dust Devils Baseball Team.
This is an excellent opportunity to learn about minor league baseball and become a part of the Brett Sports organization. This internship will provide you with a greater understanding of not only radio and media relations, but a great general look at many different aspects of minor league baseball, including ticket sales, marketing, promotions and customer service.
Position in the Corporate Structure:
The Broadcast and Media Intern will answer to the Director of Public Relations/”Voice of the Quakes” and will work closely with all staff in the Sponsorship Department, including, but not limited to the Vice President/General Manager, Assistant GM/Sponsorships, Promotions Manager and the Sponsorship Account Executives.
Day-to-Day responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
* HAVE FUN!
* Assist the Director of Public Relations/”Voice of the Quakes” in the production and distribution of all media statistical packets, box scores and game notes, the writing and publishing of all game literature and web content and social media.
* Learn and take part in the production and execution of a live game broadcast, including radio play-by-play and color commentary, game interviews, as well as hosting the pre and post-game show.
* Learn and assist when needed, in the game night execution from the press box or production room. This could include, but is not limited to radio, music computer, public address announcing, official scoring, video and scoreboard operation.
* Assisting the Director of Public Relations/”Voice of the Quakes” on select road games with the radio broadcast.
* Assist in the pre-game preparation of the Stadium including the hanging of banners, placement of Quakes signs and the supplying of materials to Guest Services.
* Provide the best customer service possible to all fans that attend Quakes games at LoanMart Field.
* Represent the Rancho Cucamonga Quakes in a professional manner at all times.
* Other duties and responsibilities as determined by the Director of Public Relations, Assistant GM/Sponsorships and the Vice President/General Manager.
The Broadcast and Media Internship position will run from March 2019 through the end of the playoffs (typically through the middle of September). The position requires attendance at all Quakes home games during this period. In addition, when the team is on the road, the position requires some aforementioned road broadcast responsibilities.
College credit is available in cooperation with your college.
Please indicate in your cover letter you learned of this opportunity through Sportscasters Talent Agency of America. Send demo and resume to:
MLB, affiliated, independent and summer collegiate teams
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest