Sports Anchor/Reporter, Johnson City, TN -- FILLED BY STAA MEMBER

TV Sports Anchoring, Reporting and Play-by-Play Jobs
Jon Chelesnik

Sports Anchor/Reporter, Johnson City, TN -- FILLED BY STAA MEMBER

#1 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Wed Jan 09, 2019 2:10 pm

WJHL (CBS/ABC) in Johnson City, TN is looking for a Weekend Sports Anchor/Reporter to join our team.

We want someone who is a good videographer with experience shooting a variety of sports.

This sports journalist will help the WJHL Sports Team cover the ETSU and UT athletic programs plus the SEC, ACC, Southern Conference and NASCAR.

Please indicate in your cover letter you learned of this opportunity through Sportscasters Talent Agency of America.

Apply online

Give yourself the advantage of being among the first to apply for jobs. Receive openings before we post them. You should click here now to join STAA or call 949-648-7822.
Last edited by Jon Chelesnik on Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jon Chelesnik

Re: Sports Anchor/Reporter, Johnson City, TN

#2 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Fri Jan 11, 2019 10:32 am

STAA members have already had their demos and resumes sent to this employer. You have an edge in the job market when someone is going to bat for you. If that would be helpful to you, You should click here now to join STAA or call 949-648-7822.

Jon Chelesnik

Re: Sports Anchor/Reporter, Johnson City, TN

#3 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Tue Mar 05, 2019 1:13 pm

The WJHL staff includes:

Director Kenny Hawkins, who joined the nation in 1986.

Anchor/Reporter Kane O'Neill (Champlain College) who joined the station three years ago.

Jon Chelesnik

Re: Sports Anchor/Reporter, Johnson City, TN -- FILLED BY STAA MEMBER

#4 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Thu Apr 04, 2019 1:29 pm

Congratulations to STAA member Jesse Krull, the new sports anchor/reporter at WJHL!

Jon Chelesnik

Re: Sports Anchor/Reporter, Johnson City, TN -- FILLED BY STAA MEMBER

#5 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:14 am

Legendary Brooklyn Dodgers GM Branch Rickey famously said, "Luck is the residue of design." By that definition, luck - - and ability -- have landed Jesse Krull a sports anchor/reporter position at NewsChannel 11 WJHL.

"I knew my contract had about eight months left. I reached out to a couple of agencies and they said they don't represent sports talent. I wanted an agency that not only made its talent better, but also helped them along the way regarding searching for jobs. I searched and saw STAA and right away after reading the page, I knew it was a fit for me," says Krull.

Read the full story here.

Visit Jesse's STAA Talent Page.

STAA members get jobs. If your way isn't working, try ours. Click here to join now or call 949-648-7822.