Sports Anchor/MMJ, Bluefield, WV -- FILLED BY STAA MEMBER

TV Sports Anchoring, Reporting and Play-by-Play Jobs
Jon Chelesnik

Sports Anchor/MMJ, Bluefield, WV -- FILLED BY STAA MEMBER

#1 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Mon Sep 27, 2021 10:08 am

WVVA TV in Bluefield, WV is accepting applications for a sports anchor/MMJ.

This position requires generating content for on-air, our website, mobile platforms and social media sites.

Nestled in the heart of the Appalachian Mountains in Nature’s Air-Conditioned City, Bluefield, WV, WVVA TV is centrally located to many major markets. The two Virginia’s are home to world-class white-water rafting, thousands of miles of hiking trails, skiing and so much more.

WVVA was named Station of the Year five times in eight years with an award-winning team and community service. We embody our slogan “Here for You.”

This full-time job includes reporting, shooting, writing, editing, producing and anchoring. We want a journalist telling stories about the people in sports, the impact on the community, their schools and their followers. We like the report with the runs, hits and errors—we love the why, the how and the passion with the competition.

Degree in broadcast journalism or a related multimedia field and prior on-camera professional experience is preferred.

Please indicate in your cover letter you learned of this opportunity through Sportscasters Talent Agency of America.

Apply online

Give yourself the advantage of being among the first to apply for jobs. Receive openings before we post them. You should click here now to join STAA or call 949-648-7822.
Last edited by Jon Chelesnik on Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Jon Chelesnik

Re: Sports Anchor/MMJ, Bluefield, WV

#2 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:02 am

STAA members have already had their demos and resumes sent to this employer. You have an edge in the job market when someone is going to bat for you. If that would be helpful to you, You should click here now to join STAA or call 949-648-7822.

Jon Chelesnik

Re: Sports Anchor/MMJ, Bluefield, WV

#3 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Tue Sep 28, 2021 10:11 am

The WVVA sports team features Anchor/Reporter (and STAA member) Mason Horodyski (Syracuse). Joined the station last year.

Sports Director Nick Dugan (Syracuse) left this month for a news/sports MMJ position at WJHL in Johnson City, TN.

Jon Chelesnik

Re: Sports Anchor/MMJ, Bluefield, WV -- FILLED BY STAA MEMBER

#4 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Mon Nov 01, 2021 4:42 pm

Congratulations STAA member Josh Widman, the new Sports Anchor/MMJ at WVVA. Way to go, Josh!

Jon Chelesnik

Re: Sports Anchor/MMJ, Bluefield, WV -- FILLED BY STAA MEMBER

#5 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Fri Nov 05, 2021 7:02 am

Josh Widman has played or coached sports for much of his life. "Once I realized I wasn’t going to make a living playing sports, I knew I wanted to work in sports in some capacity," he reminisces. Television has turned out to be the next best thing. The 2020 Syracuse grad is joining WVVA in Bluefield as a sports anchor/reporter.

Widman joined STAA last year. ""I felt the need to change the way I was going about trying to find a job. A more clear way of searching, re-working my cover letters and a resource to go to with any questions. [Joining STAA] was a great decision. I saw better job search results almost immediately. I got more responses from employers, eventually interviews and now the WVVA job."

Read the full story here.

STAA members get jobs. If your way isn't working, try ours. Click here to join now or call 949-648-7822.