On-Air/Sports Announcer, Aitkin, MN -- FILlED BY STAA MEMBER

Sports Talk, Play-by-Play, Anchor & Reporter Jobs
Jon Chelesnik

On-Air/Sports Announcer, Aitkin, MN -- FILlED BY STAA MEMBER

#1 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Tue Jun 25, 2019 5:39 pm

R & J Broadcasting, Inc. is seeking a Full Time On-Air Announcer in Aitkin, MN.

Job responsibilities include producing on-air content, including listener involvement and producing a regional sports show. Additional responsibilities include reporting of local news, production, assisting with remote broadcasts, voice tracking and other tasks associated with general radio operations.

Applicant must have the ability to engage listeners and communicate clearly, ability to conduct interviews, work within a team, and phone and general computer skills.

Benefits package included.

Prior on-air experience preferred but not required.

Please indicate in your cover letter you learned of this opportunity through Sportscasters Talent Agency of America. Send demo and resume to:

Hiring Manager
jimradio@loretel.net

Give yourself the advantage of being among the first to apply for jobs. Receive openings before we post them. You should click here now to join STAA or call 949-648-7822.

Jon Chelesnik

Re: On-Air/Sports Announcer, Aitkin, MN -- FILlED BY STAA MEMBER

#2 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Mon Jul 15, 2019 1:28 pm

Congratulations to STAA member Matt Fowler. Matt is moving from California to join R & J Broadcasting.

Jon Chelesnik

Re: On-Air/Sports Announcer, Aitkin, MN -- FILlED BY STAA MEMBER

#3 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Tue Jul 16, 2019 1:47 pm

An employer to whom Matt Fowler unsuccessfully applied in April is bringing him on board just three months later. An STAA member, Fowler is joining R&J Broadcasting in Aitkin, MN as a sports and news broadcaster.

Fowler has been an STAA member since 2017. "Danny Freisinger, Program Director for 95.7 the Game [in San Francisco] referred me to STAA," he recalls.

"I like the tips I get in the emails and the job listings are great – my membership has already paid off," Fowler grins. It was through an STAA Job Leads email that he learned of the opening in Aitkin.

Read the full story here.

Visit Matt's STAA Talent Page.

STAA members get jobs. If your way isn't working, try ours. Click here to join now or call 949-648-7822.