The Director of Broadcasting position features radio play-by-play for all football, and men’s basketball games, both home and away. Additional duties include various other Virginia Cavaliers programming, on radio, television and digital.
The desired start date for this position is November 1, 2021.
The application deadline is 8 pm Eastern Time on Friday, October 15, 2021.
* Play-by-play for UVA football, and men’s basketball games, both home and away
* Host of football and men’s basketball radio coaches shows
* Host for other ancillary programming, including specialty shows and the daily UVA Update/ Cavalier Minute
* Responsible for programming broadcasts, formatting and developing new content
* Community relations for Virginia Athletic teams and hosting select University/ Virginia Athletics Foundation events – being the brand ambassador for Virginia Athletics
* Engaging in media interviews (both local and national) to discuss and promote Virginia Athletic programs
* Manage, support, and strengthen affiliate relations to include new development and growth
* Prior sports broadcasting with at least three years of play-by-play experience at the NCAA Division I and/or professional sports level
* Undergraduate degree
* Professional, engaging, and dependable
* Self-starter that understands the business components of the job and can communicate well with all stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
* Ability to travel to all away games for football, men’s basketball and other Athletic Department and Virginia Sports Radio Network events
* Familiarity with production and content creation equipment and services
* Willingness to understand and explore new content creation
Please be careful to follow these instructions precisely.
Applications are being accepted by email only. The application deadline is October 15, 2021.
Emails should be sent to Jon Chelesnik at firstname.lastname@example.org and should include:
1. Virginia Cavaliers in the subject line
2. Your name, city, and state
3. Instead of a cover letter, write up to three sentences outlining your relevant qualifications. This should include at least three years of post-college experience as the voice of an NCAA program or NFL, NBA or network play-by-play. If applicable, your three sentences should also include your ties to the University of Virginia, the ACC, or to the region.
4. Demos and resume via one of the following:
- A link to a personal website or page featuring your demos and resume. OR . . .
- b. DropBox links to one football audio sample, one basketball audio sample and your resume in PDF format. (DropBox is free)
* Football audio should be one continuous segment, minimum 8 minutes.
* Basketball audio should be one continuous segment, minimum 8 minutes.
* Do not send dramatic, late-game sequences.
* Do not send email attachments of any kind.
Sportscasters Talent Agency of America is receiving applications on behalf of PlayFly Sports Properties and the University of Virginia.
You do not have to be an STAA member to apply. All applicants are encouraged.
Address your application or questions to:
Sportscasters Talent Agency of America
Please, no phone calls.
If within one business day you don’t receive an email acknowledgement from STAA that your application has been received, please notify us.
Again, only email applications will be accepted, and the application deadline is 8 pm Eastern Time on Friday, October 15, 2021.