Cool Edit 2.0, HELP...PLEASE!!!

Gather around for news and rumors about the industry
sctsports77
The middle number please (4738): 0

Cool Edit 2.0, HELP...PLEASE!!!

#1 Post by sctsports77 » Tue Apr 28, 2009 6:28 pm

Anyone out there with an answer to my predicament, please come forward. I beg of you, if you have any idea why my Cool Edit 2.0, all of a sudden, will not record audio from any and every source imaginable, please help me.

I've racked my brain for over 2 hours tonight trying to figure out why it no longer records. It acts as if it's recording, but it's not recognizing any of the audio I feed it in real time. Whether it be from a CD of a game I have or from a website or from a saved audio file, it just doesn't record. I just used it in this fashion to record some audio into Cool Edit like a month or so ago, but now it seems to have hit the skids.

Any troubleshooting ideas, feel free to email me at sctsports77@hotmail.com

Thanks, in advance!

BC

Re: Cool Edit 2.0, HELP...PLEASE!!!

#2 Post by BC » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:14 pm

CEP2.0 huh? :shock:

Email sent, we'll figure it out hopefully :)

PhilGiubileo

#3 Post by PhilGiubileo » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:42 pm

It could be your sound card... Try using the standard Windows "sound recorder" and see if you can record any audio onto your computer that way... Or download Audacity (since it's free) and try that... If you're still not able to successfully record audio after trying one or both--then it's likely your sound card...
Phil Giubileo
Play-by-Play Broadcaster/CT Whale (NWHL) & Quinnipiac University Men's/Women's Hockey (ECAC)
Always looking for freelance work in the NY/NJ/CT area

Follow me on Twitter @philgpbp
See my website at http://www.playbyplay.biz

Adam Amin

#4 Post by Adam Amin » Tue Apr 28, 2009 8:59 pm

Go to your "EDIT" menu and try to adjust the "AUDIO HARDWARE SETTINGS". They need to be set to a particular pairing (SPDIF settings usually do not work, they have to be on a numbered input and output). If you don't know what I'm talking about, just go to that menu and see what you can change. I know we have to adjust that often when we're doing production at our studios. If you play something off of Windows Media or the internet and then play something from a CD, the internal audio drivers change their settings. So make sure you have those adjusted correctly.

Best of luck, sir.

sctsports77

#5 Post by sctsports77 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:32 am

Thanks for the ideas guys...Adam has a good idea, I'll look into that because I remember last month recording something off of yahoo sports into my Cool Edit. Guys, if it's the sound card, what do I do? I can play anything and everything that I open in Cool Edit (saved mp3 files). Would it fix the problem if I just uninstalled CE, then re-installed it?

johnmeissner

#6 Post by johnmeissner » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:41 am

I was actually thinking that very thing when I first read your post. I can't remember what problem I had quite awhile back, but I remember solving a Cool Edit problem by uninstalling then reinstalling it.

It might be that some program you may have installed, some website you visited, or some similar occurance, changed your settings for audio files and how they play back through your computer.

If you do uninstall, then reinstall CE, simply select what files you want to default to CE as it's playback source and that may well solve your problem.

Let's us know what happens. Good luck!

radiodj2

#7 Post by radiodj2 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:46 am

I started to tell you my solution then I realized I have V1.0. Anyone have a V2.0 link lying around? :D
Steve Casson
Voice of the Missouri State Ice Bears Hockey Team
WebSports Radio
http://www.websportsradio.com
http://www.websportsradio.com/steve_bio.htm

Willing to trade for a job, and I have something to trade....
http://www.tradeforajob.com

sctsports77

#8 Post by sctsports77 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:29 pm

Well, I just went ahead and uninstalled CE and then reinstalled it. However, it is still not recording any audio. I can play stuff in CE, just can't record anything. Does this mean it's my sound card? And, if so, what do I do now? Quite frankly, I'm at a loss and it's extremely frustrating because I just used the darn thing to record something last month...HELP!!! AHHHH!!!

sctsports77

#9 Post by sctsports77 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:36 pm

By the way, Phil...It will NOT record into sound recorder either...

sctsports77

#10 Post by sctsports77 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 1:54 pm

Aaaaattttt laaaaaaaaassssstttt!

Pardon the song stylings, but I've finally figured it out. Apparently, the recording mixer setting on stereo mix had been shut off. Go figure. I'm not the most computer literate person, to say the least.

Thanks for all your input!