Lou, Lou, Lou....

Gather around for news and rumors about the industry
johnthayer1
The middle number please (4738): 0

Lou, Lou, Lou....

#1 Post by johnthayer1 » Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:45 am

Okay I don't know how many Lou Holtz fans there are in the room, but I am getting sick of hearing about Lou, Lou, Lou, Lou, Lou. Anytime him and May or Davis are discussing something it always turns in to Lou's days. I have a lot of respect for the man, but is this the best ESPN can do, seriously?

Last night watching the bowl selection special I couldn't stand listening to about Lou's bowling days. Let's be honest he coached like a hundred years ago, things are different now. Also, it gets annoying with not being able to understand him. He was the sole reason I didn't watch the show for very long.

Anyone else share this opinion or differ?

Marky

#2 Post by Marky » Mon Dec 08, 2008 12:43 pm

His last coaching job was actually in 2004, when he totally resurrected the South Carolina program from a 1-21 spurt to back-to-back New Years Bowl victories against Ohio State.

That's rather recent.

I enjoyed Lou's Pep Talk immensely last year, though not so much Dr. Lou this year.

I wish there wouldn't be as much ragging on the teams Holtz coaches and May played for back and forth, but I feel Holtz is a godsend for ESPN.

He just gave them the scoop Skip Holtz was interviewing at Syracuse. While, yes, I realize how he developed that contact, better for ESPN they have it than somebody else.