Cubs sign Kasper to extension through 2011

Gather around for news and rumors about the industry
zlspear
The middle number please (4738): 0

Cubs sign Kasper to extension through 2011

#1 Post by zlspear » Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:53 am

Former Marlins now Cubs TV PxP man Len Kasper will be in Chicago for several more years at least...

Link from Muskat

Stu Paul
The middle number please (4738): 0

#2 Post by Stu Paul » Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:35 am

This announcement comes as to no surprise. I have known Len for quite a few years and he continues to excel at his craft and he is such a bright guy. He and Bob Brenly have an ideal and unique chemistry when it comes to working a telecast together. You can tell that Len and Bob are always well prepared and do what they can to create a top-notch product. Not only is he an outstanding broadcaster, but he is a nice and classy individual. LOL!! Not to mention that Bob and Len jam well together when it comes to their musical talents away from the ballfield since they have performed in a band from time to time as well!

I visited Len briefly in the Cubs' TV booth while I visited Wrigley Field as well as Chicago a few years back. What a nice view of the field and what a great ballpark to play, watch and broadcast baseball in. I can see why the Cubs do not need a new ballpark. Even though Wrigley Field has been around for more than 90 years, it is well maintained and the ambience and neighborhood on Chicago's North Side is trendy and one of the best urban neighborhoods in the country.

Len, please keep up the great work! Hope to get to see you again and this time, working the same event and for many times and for years to come! Congrats again on your extension and hope you are the Cubs' TV voice for years to come. You deserve all of the accolades!