Chris "Beanie" Wells

Gather around for news and rumors about the industry
johnthayer1
The middle number please (4738): 0

Chris "Beanie" Wells

#1 Post by johnthayer1 » Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:27 am

Did anyone else watch the Ohio State game Saturday? It seemed as every time Pam Ward or anyone else would talk about the backfield for OSU, it would always start with something about Beanie Wells. Now obviously his absence was important to the game, but I guess my question is how much is too much? When do you give recognition to the guys who are actually playing? I mean really, who didn't know that he was going to play before the game. I thought it was overused way to much. Anyone else feel this way?

PxPinVA

#2 Post by PxPinVA » Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:00 am

And again, I haven't heard this question asked by the media...whether it be electronic or the oh-so-friendly scribes.

Why was Beanie Wells still in the game carrying the ball with OSU up 33-0? I think that's a valid question to ask Jim Tressel and nobody has stepped up and asked that question.

Just an observation from my end.

And by the way here's a random thought. It looks like the scribes don't want to ask tough questions anymore these days for fear of losing their credentials and our fellow announcers in the electronic media don't want to ask anything tough because they can't dampen the happy face they feel they must protrude as being the voice of a sport as a university.