Sarah Palin

Gather around for news and rumors about the industry
micmoles

Sarah Palin

#1 Post by micmoles » Thu Sep 04, 2008 11:46 pm

Have you seen the sports anchor tapes...LET'S TAKE A LOOK:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2008/08/3 ... 22676.html

...simply "KILLIN" big hair and canadian accent.

bill rogan

#2 Post by bill rogan » Fri Sep 05, 2008 7:57 am

After "The Barracuda" sent her demo reel to Chelesnik, Jon simply told her, "Maybe you should go into politics honey. That is where your future lies."
He let her down softly and the rest...is history.

mj23

#3 Post by mj23 » Fri Sep 05, 2008 9:19 am

Some interesting things: How about the fact that she referred to Purdue's home court Mackey Arena as McKay Arena. If the teleprompter says M-A-C-K-E-Y, how could you say McKay? She had some not so nice things to say about Minnesota's hockey team (at that time). Where did she accept the VP nomination? By the way, how 'bout that news anchor's killer mustache! He looks like he could be related to Jeff Kent!

johnmeissner
The middle number please (4738): 0

#4 Post by johnmeissner » Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:25 pm

And the video was recorded, what? Twenty years ago? To equate that to anything happening now is a monumental waste of time and has absolutely no relevance.

So she mispronounced the name of a building? So what? Have you ever read something incorrectly? Mispronounced a word, regardless of how it was spelled on a teleprompter, print copy, whatever?

Trying to politicize a 20 year old video clip is just dumb.

Justkdng

#5 Post by Justkdng » Mon Sep 08, 2008 7:40 am

I don't think anybody here was trying to imply anything political, I think they were just pointing out the irony that she had bad things to say about the Minnesota hockey team, then accepted her nomination in Minnesota.

I'm pretty sure everybody was joking around....except the stuff about the anchors mustache, Jeff Kent could have a copyright lawsuit pending against that guy!

johnmeissner
The middle number please (4738): 0

#6 Post by johnmeissner » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:29 am

If it's not political, then it's simply an effort to make something out of nothing. She dissed on UM's hockey team, then accepted the VP nomination in the state? The two events were approximately 20 years apart and have absolutely nothing to do with each other. They are nothing more than a coincidence.

mj23

#7 Post by mj23 » Tue Sep 09, 2008 9:38 am

There weren't any political overtones to my post. Just some observations and some interesting coincidences. That's all...nothing else...By the way, who wouldn't kill for a mustache like the dude sharing the newsdesk with her!

Marky

#8 Post by Marky » Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:57 pm

All I know is I love big hair and she needs to take off those glasses on the campaign trail.

I'm guessing this is an Alaska TV station, which means you're probably going to have some rough edges. And there were some, to the point where if you are a male sportscaster just out of college and trying to get that first sportscasting job, and you see this, you wonder "was she hired just because she's a woman? Because she's a hottie?"

In her defense, getting the VP nomination has a way of refuting such questions.

My thoughts on the sportscast dealt mainly with the content. I found it interesting in Alaska she placed hoops ahead of hockey.

Did they not have film from the hockey games? Or was that her own editorial content based on the fact she was a former basketball player and not yet a hockey mom?

They led with the Dog Race, for crying out loud. Don't tell me they want to hear about Big 10 hoops instead of hockey in Alaska.

But most of all, please, BRING BACK BIG HAIR!