To advance my broadcasting career (primarily play-by-play) in radio or television utilizing my extensive background in sports broadcasting, public relations, and communication.
- Thirty-one years of broadcasting experience radio and television
- Extensive background in sports play-by-play
- Twenty-six years of experience in sports broadcasting and play-by-play commentary
2008 to 2012. Sports Director at the Western Kansas Broadcast Center in Garden City for a five Radio Station Group in Southwest Kansas. I am the Voice of the Garden City High School Buffaloes and the Garden City Community College Broncbusters. We have sustained the Official Radio Station status for the two schools for the past three consecutive years. I produce three 2 minute sportscast five days a week. Experience of producing live video webcast for football, basketball, baseball and softball. Host weekly Coaches Shows for Garden City High School and Garden City Community College.KINA-KSKG AM & FM RADIO, Salina, Kansas.
2004 to 2008. Co-Host of Race Talk.
- Weekly regional racing show covering major Midwest tracks
- Interview drivers and race teams from Midwest region
2004 to 2007. Sports Voice of Sacred Heart High School Knights and Brown Mackie College Lions.
- Play-by-play announcer for football, basketball, baseball and softball
November 2002 to 2006. Simulcast Play-by-Play on KVCO, KNCK, and world wide web.
1994 to 2002, Radio Voice of Cloud County Community College T-Bird Basketball on KCKS 95.3.
August 1999 to 2000, KVCO RADIO Assistant General Manager and Announcer. KNCK/KCKS FM RADIO, Concordia, Kansas.
1987 to 2005, Sports Announcer/Voice of Concordia High School Panthers.
- Play-by-play and color commentary for football, basketball, volleyball, wrestling, and baseball
- Host weekly coaches shows
- Provide play-by-play at state high school football, basketball, and baseball championship games, by request from numerous radio stations
- Play-by-Play and Color Analyst
2004 to present. Guest Track Announcer for Belleville High Banks and Mid-Nebraska Speedway
- In association with Speedway, Inc., Wichita, Kansas
- Televised racing broadcasts for Public Access Television
1976 to 1978, Television News Anchor and Reporter.
- Functioned as a satellite bureau to collect news, write, conduct interviews, film, edited, anchor
1989 to 2008 District Sales Representative.
- Presenting sales opportunities, collecting accounts, delivering small quantity orders, and servicing general accounts
- Providing food management concepts for 101 wholesale accounts in two-state area, creating a travel log of nearly 800 miles per week
1993 to 2000, Head Men's/Women's Tennis Coach.
- Recruited players and managed scholarships, equipment, and operational budget
- Conducted daily practices for fall and spring seasons, developed meet schedules, and transported teams to and from tournaments, and monitored off-season training
Achievements: Increased tennis program 500% in seven years
Coached women’s team to a seventh place finish at the National Tournament, 2000
- Assisted students with employment opportunities in major field
- Developed jobs with prospective employers and promoted Cooperative Education Program through print and radio media
1984 to 1987, Director of Public Relations and Marketing.
1978 to 1984, Education Coordinator.
- Developed and implemented advertising materials and campaigns, marketing strategies, and community relations activities
- Generated all news releases; facilitated and coordinated hospital-wide training programs.
Army National Guard. Active and Inactive Reserves, 1971 to 1975.
United States Marine Corps, 1969 to 1971. Served in Viet Nam; Honorably Discharged as E-4.
Achievement: Two battlefield promotions.
- Tyson University for Professional Sales Training, Salina, Kansas, 1998, and Little Rock, Arkansas, 1992.
- National Conference for Cooperative Education, Cincinnati, Ohio, 1988
- Adult Education and Communication Process, Kansas State University, Manhattan, Kansas, 1981
- Associate of Science Degree in Communications and TV/Radio Broadcasting,
Cloud County Community College, Concordia, Kansas, 1981
- Management Development Program, MSA, Kansas City, Missouri, 1979
- Master of Ceremonies, Cloud County Junior Miss Pageant, 1992 to 1994, 1996 to 2000
- Active in tennis, bicycling, walking, and basketball
- Serve as judge for Junior Miss Pageants
- Guest Interviewer for Cloud County Community College Business Decathlon