We spend a lot of time on this blog offering suggestions about how to make frustrating situations better. If I were an alien from outer space scrolling through for the first time, I might think that sports broadcasting isn’t such a great profession.
But it IS a great profession.
Sports broadcasting is an awesome profession – one that many of your friends would love to have. It is from that perspective that I assemble this list…
10 things that are awesome about being a sportscaster:
- Veteran sportscasters who are eager to “pay it forward” are common.
- Getting paid to attend games you would be going to anyway.
- Gaining perspective on the unbelievable athleticism of pro athletes that comes with sitting courtside.
- Being inside the locker room after a big win.
- Traveling to new cities.
- Meeting new people who share your love for sports.
- The beauty and history of many minor league ballparks.
- Getting to know some of the athletes that your friends only see on TV.
- Free stuff, like food, books and shirts.
- Watching high school athletes you’ve covered move onto the pros.
What do you add to this list? I’d love to read your thoughts. Please share them in the comments section below.