10 years of honoring excellence in collegiate sports broadcasters
The STAA All-America Program recognizes the most outstanding collegiate radio and TV sports broadcasters.
Founded in 2009, the All-America Program and Jim Nantz Award is presented by Sportscasters Talent Agency of America. Each year our judging panel is comprised of leading members of the sportscasting industry and former Jim Nantz Award winners.
Awards include the Jim Nantz Trophy, STAA membership services, and All-America certificates. The Nantz Award winner will also receive hotel accommodations and admission to all the activities of the 2018 National Sports Media Association (NSMA) awards weekend in Winston-Salem, NC, culminating in the NSMA awards banquet where the Jim Nantz Trophy will be presented.
- 2018 – Katie Emmer (St. Cloud State, Sr)
- 2017 – Nate Gatter (Missouri, Jr)
- 2016 – Josh Appel (U. of South Florida, Sr)
- 2015 – Eric Gallanty (Syracuse, Sr)
- 2014 – Kevin Fitzgerald (Syracuse, Sr)
- 2013 – Ross Lippman (Emerson College, Sr)
- 2012 – Bill Spaulding (Syracuse, Jr)
- 2011 – Alex Faust (Northeastern, Jr)
- 2010 – John Twork (Eastern Illinois, Sr)
- 2009 – Adam Cavalier (Marshall University, Sr)
There’s a prestige behind this award, it provides instant credibility. That’s why I wanted to work so hard to achieve it. It really is an honor.
Kevin Fitzgerald, 2014 Jim Nantz Award Winner
The ability to get some recognition by professionals and people I respect in this industry was an amazing confidence boost as I left college and embarked on my real world broadcasting career.
Eric Gallanty, 2015 Jim Nantz Award Winner