Evansville Otters No. 1 -- FILLED BY STAA MEMBER

MLB, affiliated, independent and summer collegiate teams
Jon Chelesnik

Evansville Otters No. 1 -- FILLED BY STAA MEMBER

#1 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Thu Nov 15, 2018 11:13 am

The Evansville Otters have a seasonal paid broadcasting internship available for 2019.

The internship positions are summer positions that start May 1st and run through the conclusion of the season (end of August or early September). Successful candidate will broadcast select games, home and away.

Everyone working in minor league baseball wears many different “hats,” so a willingness to go above and beyond one’s normal duties is expected.

Successful candidate must provide own housing and must be available for entire duration of 2019 season.

Please indicate in your cover letter you learned of this opportunity through Sportscasters Talent Agency of America.

Apply online

Give yourself the advantage of being among the first to apply for jobs. Receive openings before we post them. You should click here now to join STAA or call 949-648-7822.
Last edited by Jon Chelesnik on Tue Apr 09, 2019 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jon Chelesnik

Re: Evansville Otters No. 2 -- FILLED BY STAA MEMBER

#2 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:14 am

Congratulations to David Nguyen, the new voice of the Otters!

Jon Chelesnik

Re: Evansville Otters No. 1 -- FILLED BY STAA MEMBER

#3 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Mon Apr 22, 2019 11:12 am

Many folks struggle to land one job. David Nguyen has landed two. Nguyen is joining fellow STAA member Jon Gross on the broadcasting and video production team for the University of North Carolina-Pembroke Sports Network. He is also joining minor league baseball's Evansville Otters in broadcasting and media relations.

Nguyen joined STAA in 2018 after finding it in a Google search during his senior year at Villanova. "After patrolling the site, I became curious if I should become a member. After telling Jon Chelesnik about my story -- ditching my scrubs and stethoscope for broadcasting Villanova football and national championship men’s basketball teams -- his mission to help young broadcasters like myself find jobs in this industry sold me."

Read the full story here.

Visit David's STAA Talent Page.

STAA members get jobs. If your way isn't working, try ours. Click here to join now or call 949-648-7822.