Myrtle Beach Pelicans No. 2 -- FILLED BY STAA MEMBER

MLB, affiliated, independent and summer collegiate teams
Jon Chelesnik

Myrtle Beach Pelicans No. 2 -- FILLED BY STAA MEMBER

#1 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:12 pm

The Myrtle Beach Pelicans (Class-A Cubs) are accepting applications for a media relations and broadcasting assistant.

The assistant will share play-by-play and pre-, and post-game on-air opportunities, in addition to a variety of media relations and promotions/marketing responsibilities. Over the 140-game season, the assistant will be the secondary broadcaster for all home games and select road games during the season.

Please indicate in your cover letter you learned of this opportunity through Sportscasters Talent Agency of America.

Apply online

Jon Chelesnik

Re: Myrtle Beach Pelicans No. 2 -- FILLED BY STAA MEMBER

#2 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Tue Jan 15, 2019 10:33 am

Congratulations to Noah Cloonan, the new No. 2 for the Pelicans!

Be done with baseball scorebooks whose pages get tattered and torn the more you use them. Veteran MLB broadcaster Bob Carpenter's scorebooks have a durable cover and binding.

Enter STAA after your last name on the order form to receive free media mail shipping.

Click here now to buy your scorebook

Jon Chelesnik

Re: Myrtle Beach Pelicans No. 2 -- FILLED BY STAA MEMBER

#3 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Tue Jan 29, 2019 9:42 am

Noah Cloonan's goal upon graduating from Ashland University in December was to have a job in baseball by March. Mission accomplished. Cloonan is joining the Myrtle Beach Pelicans as media relations and broadcasting assistant.

"I first heard about the Pelicans job in an email from STAA. I applied immediately," Cloonan grins.

Cloonan joined STAA last October for two reasons. "I wanted to be able to get leads on jobs while also growing as a sports broadcaster at the same time," he recalls. "My only hesitation [about joining STAA] would have been the price but when I weigh that with what it has given me it is 100% worth it."

Read the full story here.

Visit Noah's website.

STAA members get jobs. If your way isn't working, try ours. Click here to join now or call 949-648-7822.