Sports Talk Host/Play-by-Play, Columbia, MO -- FILLED BY STAA MEMBER

Sports Talk, Play-by-Play, Anchor & Reporter Jobs
Jon Chelesnik

Sports Talk Host/Play-by-Play, Columbia, MO -- FILLED BY STAA MEMBER

#1 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Thu Oct 24, 2019 11:35 am

Zimmer Communications in Columbia, MO (Home of the University of Missouri) is looking for a sports talk co-host for our station KTGR/ESPN.

The right individual will also help out the station's PD with assigned tasks and split time working in our news department.

Some of our recent employees have gone on to work for places like E! News, ESPN, TMZ, NBC Sports, Yahoo Sports, Sirius/XM and/or got jobs in cities like St. Louis, Kansas City, Indianapolis, New York, Los Angeles and Houston, so if you have a positive attitude and a strong work ethic, then we'll give you the resources and coaching to help you take that next step in your career.

Duties include:

* Co-host our sports show on KTGR-AM/FM
* Some play-by-play
* Create news capsules and online articles for news/talk station in our group
* Social media for sports/news
* Some commercial Production
* Cover Mizzou Sports events/Press conferences

Would prefer at least two years of experience, but willing to train someone who's willing to put in the time and effort to be successful.

What We Offer:

* Competitive pay
* Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance package
* 401K with company match
* Vacation & Holidays

Who We Are:

We’re a Missouri-based, family-owned company with nine radio stations, three magazines and a growing interactive/events department.

Read more about us here -- > http://zimmercommunications.com/

Please indicate in your cover letter you learned of this opportunity through Sportscasters Talent Agency of America. Send demo and resume to:

Hiring Manager
RadioJobs@ZRGmail.com

No phone calls, please.

Give yourself the advantage of being among the first to apply for jobs. Receive openings before we post them. You should click here now to join STAA or call 949-648-7822.
Last edited by Jon Chelesnik on Tue Nov 26, 2019 7:47 am, edited 4 times in total.

Jon Chelesnik

Re: Sports Talk Host/Play-by-Play, Columbia, MO

#2 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Mon Oct 28, 2019 10:43 am

STAA members have already had their demos and resumes sent to this employer. You have an edge in the job market when someone is going to bat for you. If that would be helpful to you, You should click here now to join STAA or call 949-648-7822.

Jon Chelesnik

#3 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Tue Nov 19, 2019 10:39 am

This hiring process is close to completion.

Jon Chelesnik

#4 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Tue Nov 26, 2019 6:16 am

This position has been filled by an STAA member. Announcement pending.

Jon Chelesnik

Re: Sports Talk Host/Play-by-Play, Columbia, MO -- FILLED BY STAA MEMBER

#5 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:30 am

Congratulations to STAA member Andy Humphrey, the new sports talk host and play-by-play broadcaster at ESPN 100.5.

"I joined up with STAA in my final semester of college because I knew I would get the tools and resources to prepare for the job market," he says. "The techniques and tips on how to format demo materials, cover letters, resumes and everything in-between have played a crucial role in each job pursuit I have made since graduation.

"Both of the last two jobs I have landed came from leads provided by STAA, and being a member has made a direct effect on my advancement in broadcasting."

Read the full story here.

Visit Andy's STAA Talent Page.

STAA members get jobs. If your way isn't working, try ours. Click here to join now or call 949-648-7822.