Sports Radio 104.3 The Fan in Denver is accepting applications for a program director.
1. Develop and articulate a clear and compelling product strategic vision, direction and strategy for 104.3 The Fan along with supporting tactics in order to help all employees to understand the direction and their individual roles in creating success while maintaining that direction
2. Partner with VP/Market Manager to establish 104.3 The Fan and 1600 ESPN Denver programming strategy, determine tactical plans and achieve performance goals.
3. Hire, coach, develop, and evaluate 104.3 The Fan programming personnel in a manner that helps them maximize their potential and their contribution to the company and our distribution platforms
4. Work closely with all parts of the company’s operations, including sales, promotions, administration, digital media, sister broadcast stations and corporate functions so that the station makes a full contribution to the company’s success.
5. Maintain quality control and presentation consistency for all 104.3 The Fan and 1600 ESPN Denver branded content. Ensure full compliance with FCC guidelines and company standards.
6. Serve as brand manager of 104.3 The Fan and 1600 ESPN Denver making sure the brands are properly aligned, represented and protected with all content; including marketing, appearances, promotions, social media and more.
7. Establish annual operating budgets and ensure that programming operations function within budget and in accordance with company policies and all federal state and local laws
8. Work in partnership with engineering, IT, digital media teams and other resources to advance the distribution and presentation of the 104.3 The Fan and 1600 ESPN Denver products using emerging technologies
9. Participate in and actively support Bonneville’s EEO policy as it relates to recruitment, selection, evaluation, compensation, training, promotion and termination taking a proactive role in supporting Bonneville’s policy to prevent harassment of any kind with the workplace, at off-site places of company business and at company sponsored social venues
10. Other responsibilities as assigned.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
1. Three (3) + years as a Sports or Spoken Word Program Director
2. Proven experience in building top performing radio and digital properties
3. Proven experience in station imaging and brand development
4. Excellent knowledge of Nielsen methodology, Media/radio Programming and Market research
5. Proven ability to develop and direct digital strategies for radio
6. Up-to-date knowledge and skills in the use of digital tools and social media and the ability to teach and coach these skills
Please indicate in your cover letter you learned of this opportunity through Sportscasters Talent Agency of America.
Sports Talk, Play-by-Play, Anchor & Reporter Jobs
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 13199
- Joined: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:27 pm
Raj Sharan has been promoted from APD to Program Director at 104.3 The Fan. He follows Armen Williams, who left in December for KILT in Houston. Congratulations, Raj!
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 14 guests