Yahoo Sports is looking for someone with on-camera and podcast experience to host a daily show about pro, college and fantasy sports.
Yahoo Sports is the world's most popular digital sports destination for fans and fantasy players. We cover all that’s timely and relevant in the lives of sports fans, whether it’s the biggest play or the buzziest meme. This coverage extends to our social voice and personality. We aspire to build our brand for all audiences, which also means having content strategies for any platform that has critical audience mass with an interest in sports content.
We are looking for a social video editor to help bring this social voice and content strategy to life. Creativity, passion, and a desire to be ‘first’ will all be critical in supporting the growth of the Yahoo Sports brand and affiliate social handles as we seek out new audiences and continue to delight existing audiences. The ideal candidate should be a self-starter that thinks creatively about how to cater to sports fans on various social platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat) and feels energized and challenged by contributing to them.
* Anchor host for daily show with experience and knowledge of NFL, NBA, Fantasy, MLB, and College sports
* Ideate and contribute to new features and segments unique to Yahoo Sports show
* Attend field shoots to represent Yahoo Sports coverage
* Collaborate with production team on story ideas, relevant research, and scripting
* Contribute to the voice of associated social channels, including regular postings and conversations with fans and relevant athlete/celebrities
* Demonstrate your sports fandom and deep sports expertise and opinions on a daily basis through content executions
* Participate in internal and external marketing and sales presentations to attract new business
* 3-5 years of previous on camera/podcast experience
* Deep knowledge of professional and collegiate sports
* Strong understanding of social media landscape with specific experience building innovative forms of storytelling
* Proficiency in creative writing or sports journalism with samples of previous work available
* Must be a good collaborator and capable of performing well in breaking news and time sensitive circumstances.
Please indicate in your cover letter you learned of this opportunity through Sportscasters Talent Agency of America.
Ever wonder what assistance STAA members are receiving besides job leads? Take this short virtual tour of the STAA Members Site now to find out!
Sports Talk, Play-by-Play, Anchor & Reporter Jobs
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 14 guests