College Media/Play-by-Play, Arizona -- FILLED BY STAA MEMBER

Sports Talk, Play-by-Play, Anchor & Reporter Jobs
Jon Chelesnik

College Media/Play-by-Play, Arizona -- FILLED BY STAA MEMBER

#1 Postby Jon Chelesnik » Fri Oct 26, 2018 10:34 am

An Arizona community college has a full-time opening for someone to do sports information and broadcast play-by-play on radio, TV and Internet. Sports include football, men’s and women’s basketball, men’s and women’s soccer, volleyball, baseball and softball.

The complete position description, the name of the employer and contact information has already been emailed to STAA members.

If you're not an STAA member and want this job lead, join STAA now and we'll send it to you.
Last edited by Jon Chelesnik on Fri Dec 28, 2018 8:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jon Chelesnik

Re: College Media/Play-by-Play, Arizona

#2 Postby Jon Chelesnik » Fri Nov 02, 2018 12:10 pm

Sports Information Director/Associate Athletics Director Arizona Western College

This position includes a lot of play-by-play and even more media relations.

The unofficial position description was sent to STAA member on October 25th. Applicants MUST go to the link below and click the Apply Now.

Folks who have already applied must re-apply.

AWC is trying to fill this ASAP, so I recommend the application be filled out by next Wednesday November 7th at the latest -- preferably Tuesday November 6th.

Click here to read the position description & to apply.

Jon Chelesnik

Re: College Media/Play-by-Play, Arizona

#3 Postby Jon Chelesnik » Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:16 am

In-person interviews are now being scheduled with finalists.

Jon Chelesnik

Re: College Media/Play-by-Play, Arizona -- FILLED BY STAA MEMBER

#4 Postby Jon Chelesnik » Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:00 am

Congratulations to STAA member Tim Slack, he new Sports Information Director/Associate Athletic Director at Arizona Western College in Yuma.

Slack has used STAA's resources to constantly refine and improve his broadcasting and his job market approach. "I've always tried to take the little bits from each STAA Insider newsletter and truly evaluate how I'm doing and what I could do better. I've made so many changes over the last few years -- little adjustments that I feel like have added to a better overall presentation," he says.

Read the full story here.

Visit Tim's STAA Talent Page.

STAA members get jobs. If your way isn't working, try ours. Click here to join now or call 949-648-7822.

Return to “Sportscasting Jobs: Radio”