Alaska Aces Play-by-Play -- POSITION FILLED

Sports Talk, Play-by-Play, Anchor & Reporter Jobs
Jon Chelesnik

Alaska Aces Play-by-Play -- POSITION FILLED

#1 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:52 am

A minor-league team has an opening for a play-by-play broadcaster. The team will announce the position publicly next week, but at the team's request, STAA clients have already had links to their Talent Pages submitted for review.

Help in getting your demo and resume in front of employers is one of 19 reasons you should be an STAA client. Registration takes just two minutes. Click here to join online.
Last edited by Jon Chelesnik on Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:40 am, edited 3 times in total.

Jon Chelesnik

Re: Minor League Hockey Play-by-Play

#2 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Tue Aug 13, 2013 1:35 pm

I'm expecting this position will be announced publicly today. When it is, we'll post it here.

Jon Chelesnik

#3 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:44 pm

Alaska Aces Play-by-Play Broadcaster & Vice President of Operations Josh Bogorad has accepted a position with the Dallas Stars. First and foremost, congratulations to Josh!

http://staatalent.com/?p=18232

Details on how to apply for the Aces vacancy are pending. I hope to post it later today.

Jon Chelesnik

#4 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:00 pm

As of now, the Aces are not planning publication of a formal job description. However, the team tells STAA they are looking for someone who is able to be versatile in the front office in addition to handling the broadcasts. Sales and TV experience is a plus.

Please indicate in your cover letter you learned of this opportunity through Sportscasters Talent Agency of America. Send demo and resume to:

Josh Bogorad
josh.bogorad@alaskaaces.com

Now, you can list your personal website in the directory that sportscasting employers use when searching for talent. Link your site in the STAA Talent Search database.

Jon Chelesnik

Re: Minor League Hockey PBP -- Alaska Aces

#5 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Thu Aug 22, 2013 7:28 am

This position has been filled. Announcement pending.

Jon Chelesnik

Re: Minor League Hockey PBP -- Alaska Aces -- POSITION FILLE

#6 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:26 am

This is from Mike Benton's Facebook...the current Stockton Thunder PBP hockey announcer:

After eight wonderful seasons in the Central Valley, it’s time to move on. I have accepted an offer to become the new television and radio play-by-play announcer of the Alaska Aces (ECHL).

The emotions are extremely mixed. Amy and I get to enjoy an amazing new blessing and season of life that will benefit the growth of our family in Anchorage. Every home and playoff game will be simulcasted on television – an extremely desired area of career development. Two predecessors of mine have made it directly into the NHL in the last three years, which means a high degree of responsibility comes with this opportunity.

On the flipside, this was easily one of the most difficult decisions – ever. Many tears were involved in the decision making process. Amy has lived here all of her life. Her parents have resided here since the 70’s. I have lived here for eight years. I met Amy here. We were married in Ripon. That’s enough time to develop many valued frie...nds and memories that will last a lifetime. Those day-to-day interactions with friends will be missed (but hope we all can stay in touch on Facebook and Twitter)!

In the end, this career typically calls for many in this line of work to accept the concept of moving to reach the NHL. The time has come to pass the baton. I’m confident that a terrific leader in Brian Sandy and ownership will make the right decision in selecting a successor. In the meantime, thank you, Thunder fans for everything. You’ll always have a special place in my heart. And I’m looking forward to seeing many of you when the Aces come to visit Stockton Arena in March.

Jon Chelesnik

Re: Minor League Hockey PBP -- Alaska Aces -- POSITION FILLE

#7 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Thu Aug 22, 2013 11:30 am

Here is the Stockton press release:

http://staatalent.com/?p=18418