Play-by-play charts made easy

Sports Talk, Play-by-Play, Anchor & Reporter Jobs
Jon Chelesnik

Play-by-play charts made easy

#1 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Mon Oct 26, 2009 5:02 pm

Broadcaster’s Edge provides the simplest way for play-by-play broadcasters to prepare for a game. Easy-to-use, adapts to your custom board, stores nuggets, automatically updates stats daily, saves time. Rave reviews from network, big league, and college announcers. http://www.broadcastersedge.com

gsuradio
The middle number please (4738): 0

Re: Play-by-play charts made easy

#2 Post by gsuradio » Tue Jan 26, 2010 12:03 pm

Just recently purchased Broadcaster's Edge after hearing the endorsement from Jon and getting the demo from Brian at BE. As many of you know, if our only jobs were to prepare game notes and spotting boards, the individuality and creativity of personally designed boards would always be a labor love. However, wearing many hats puts more pressure to itemize your time and nothing is more valuable than having all the information and then some for a quality broadcast. I had used digital boards that I had created "frankenstein" style that works very well but required hours of research to set up.

That all being said, since purchasing the software, in one week, preparing for two D-1 games, I saved between 6 and 8 hours of researching and locating the appropriate team and individual statistics, creating the numbers, names, hometowns, height, weight, etc. A hero of mine once told me that in your broadcast try to find those "nuggets" that are not necessarily on the game notes provided by the S.I.D. I can say the only research done now is finding those "nuggets" and typing them in, as opposed to hand-writing.

Finally, as one who wanted to be "old school" and create and develop my own board, "been there, done that." In today's world of multi-tasking at work and home and travelling the country, its been a huge asset to have Broadcaster's Edge allow me to enjoy everything, including the games.

Do yourself a favor and at least give Brian a call. I too, was skeptical, but one demo and 10 minutes later.....SOLD!!!!!!

CSB
Chris Blair
Director of Network Operations
"Voice" of the Georgia Southern Eagles

YoungDuck
antispam: No
The middle number please (4738): 4738

#3 Post by YoungDuck » Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:56 pm

I've been wanting one of these systems for years since I used it as an intern to help a Bay Area sports director get ready for niners preseason TV games. I checked it out, but it doesn't have a price anywhere on the site, which probably means it aint cheap. Anybody care to say about how much it runs for?

clint643

#4 Post by clint643 » Tue Jul 27, 2010 4:17 am

Can't get on broadcasters edge the last couple of days. Is it my problem or theirs?

Jon Chelesnik

#5 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:29 am

I'll try to find out.

Jon Chelesnik

#6 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:08 am

The Broadcasters Edge website is back up and running. Just a power outage in the area. It took workers two days to restore power.

Will Haskett

#7 Post by Will Haskett » Tue Feb 22, 2011 1:33 pm

Is there a better contact for the Sales Department than the link on their website? I've attempted a couple of emails with no response from the prompt. Called once and left a message too.

Jon Chelesnik

#8 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Thu Oct 22, 2015 11:45 am

Hi Will -- things seem to be working properly on their end. If you will send me an email to jon@staatalent.com, I will be pleased to provide you with direct contact info to the person you need to speak to.