College Football Play-by-Play/Color, Philadelphia, PA

Sports Talk, Play-by-Play, Anchor & Reporter Jobs
AspiringRadioHost

#1 Post by AspiringRadioHost » Tue Sep 02, 2008 9:00 pm

A college in the greater Philadelphia area has a need for a fill-in play-by-play announcer/color analyst for the remainder of this football season. The successful candidate will possess strong on-air skills, good work ethic, and be available on Fridays and Saturdays through early November.

The ideal candidate should have play-by-play experience and be comfortable in a variety of roles. They include providing scoreboard updates and interviews in addition to the aforementioned color and play-by-play.

Reliable transportation is a must. Please send tape, resume, and cover letter to:
collegeplaybyplay@yahoo.com

AspiringRadioHost

#2 Post by AspiringRadioHost » Wed Sep 03, 2008 7:19 pm

From the hiring party:

Just some clarification for the above opening. Details are still being worked out with the school regarding the position, so the particulars cannot be released. However, it should be noted it is a Division II opening since a few people asked. Pay for fill-in games will be the same as the primary broadcaster is receiving. The Athletics Department is currently discussing pay on a regular basis for providing color commentary. This amount will not be high, if approved. Due to a limited travel budget, the color commentator will not be traveling to road games.

Applicants will be contacted beginning in the next few days.

micmoles

#3 Post by micmoles » Sun Sep 14, 2008 12:51 pm

The only Division II school in Philadelphia that I am aware of that plays competitive football is West Chester University.

tlcoverdale
The middle number please (4738): 0

#4 Post by tlcoverdale » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:51 am

The Biz wrote:Are there any DII schools in Philly that DONT play competitive football?
Shoot, a case could be made that there's a DI school in Philly that doesn't play competitive football... :P

steve2526

#5 Post by steve2526 » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:20 am

tlcoverdale wrote:
The Biz wrote:Are there any DII schools in Philly that DONT play competitive football?
Shoot, a case could be made that there's a DI school in Philly that doesn't play competitive football... :P
You could even make a case that there's a PRO team in Philly that doesn't play competitive football. :lol: :lol:

AspiringRadioHost

#6 Post by AspiringRadioHost » Thu Sep 25, 2008 5:53 pm

This position has been filled..

AspiringRadioHost

#7 Post by AspiringRadioHost » Fri Sep 26, 2008 11:07 am

The position was at Lincoln University. The position has been filled by Jon Schaeffer. Those interested can listen to the remaining games at www.brandywineradio.com. The next game is tomorrow at 1 PM with a 12:45 pre-game show. For the full schedule, visit www.lulions.com
Last edited by AspiringRadioHost on Fri Sep 26, 2008 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stu Paul

#8 Post by Stu Paul » Fri Sep 26, 2008 12:13 pm

Aspiring Radio:

You might want to get rid of the period at the end of lulions.com because the link isn't pulling it up automatically. I was able to do it without the period. I know that was the end of the sentence and I'm sure others would have figured out how to get to the page, but I just wanted to let you know. Just wanted to read about Lincoln University.

Best of luck to Jon. I am sure he will do a great job. Thank you.