News/Sports Director, Humboldt, IA -- FILLED BY STAA MEMBER

Sports Talk, Play-by-Play, Anchor & Reporter Jobs
Jon Chelesnik

News/Sports Director, Humboldt, IA -- FILLED BY STAA MEMBER

#1 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Wed Jun 16, 2021 10:04 am

KHBT 97.7 in Humboldt, IA is looking to fill a dual position of News/Sports Director.

Primary job is for a full-time, multi-media news broadcaster who can deliver compelling “local” newscasts and gather news in the field as well as from in the studio. The ability to add actualities, photos and video to stories is part of what would make you a great candidate for the job. Managing news and sports sections on our website gives you bonus points! We will consider recent college grads with a strong desire to expand their reporting skills. Other duties may be assigned based on ability and desire of the applicant.

Sports Director duties involve play-by-play for all “local” high school sports including football, basketball, wrestling, volleyball, softball, baseball, soccer and track updates. Also provide area team updates as part of designated sportscasts.

Please indicate in your cover letter you learned of this opportunity through Sportscasters Talent Agency of America. Send demo and resume to:

Kathi Kolar
Owner
kathib@977thebolt.com

Application deadline is July 2.

Give yourself the advantage of being among the first to apply for jobs. Receive openings before we post them. You should click here now to join STAA or call 949-648-7822.
Last edited by Jon Chelesnik on Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Jon Chelesnik

Re: News/Sports Director, Humboldt, IA

#2 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Tue Jun 22, 2021 9:26 am

The STAA Members Community is an excellent way to connect when it's not easy to do in person.

Click here now to join STAA or call 949-648-7822.

Jon Chelesnik

Re: News/Sports Director, Humboldt, IA -- FILLED BY STAA MEMBER

#3 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Fri Aug 06, 2021 9:33 am

This position has been filled by an STAA member. Announcement pending.

Jon Chelesnik

Re: News/Sports Director, Humboldt, IA -- FILLED BY STAA MEMBER

#4 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Mon Aug 23, 2021 7:20 am

After a year in Mexico, Alex Benzegala is back broadcasting in a familiar part of the United States. He is the new Sports Director at KHBT 97.7 .

Benzegala has been an STAA member since 2014. "Finding a job can very difficult, but STAA makes it easier," he says. "There are a lot of resources that are very beneficial to members. One of my favorite parts of STAA is the community. I learn a lot from the many great broadcasters at STAA, thus making me a better broadcaster and making it easier for me to get a job."

Read the full story here.

STAA members get jobs. If your way isn't working, try ours. Click here to join now or call 949-648-7822.