Ryan Radtke leaving Nevada

Gather around for news and rumors about the industry
Kelly44
The middle number please (4738): 0

Ryan Radtke leaving Nevada

#1 Postby Kelly44 » Tue May 23, 2017 3:13 pm

I had heard Ryan on some of Westwood One's broadcasts this past year so I knew he was in their pipeline.

His call of the Division II Men's Basketball National Championship probably sealed the deal. I believe it was a last second shot ending and he nailed the call.

That Reno situation could be a great double-dip if he walks away from the Triple-A gig as well although there are no indications yet he will do that.

There are very few situations across the country, and his might have been the only one currently, where one guy was calling the Triple-A baseball and Division I college games in the same city.

Terry Smith once did it in Columbus before he ascended to the Angels broadcast booth.

Nevada is another Learfield school so I'm sure John will have all the info shortly.
Once a radio guy. Now a TV guy.

Tucson News Now Sports

hooppaul
antispam: No
The middle number please (4738): 4738

Re: Ryan Radtke leaving Nevada

#2 Postby hooppaul » Tue May 23, 2017 5:49 pm

Russ Langer in Las Vegas calls AAA and does UNLV football (but not hoops). You're right, Ryan absolutely nailed it on the D-II championship, and not just the ending. Very good on the entire game. Great work ethic, great character, great voice, and committed to his craft. Look forward to hearing him on Westwood One for a long time.

Return to “Sports Radio Water Cooler”