DropBox

Gather around for news and rumors about the industry
ssteve
antispam: No
The middle number please (4738): 4738

DropBox

#1 Postby ssteve » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:51 am

I guess it's the latest thing in audio. I thought I was on top of the times when I put all my demos on SoundCloud. If anyone has knowledge of how to place SoudCloud files into DropBox I would appreciate it. I have googled it with no success. It will be a tremendous help to me, that is until something else replaces DropBox in a few months. Then we will have something else to figure out. Thanks.

bschultz

Re: DropBox

#2 Postby bschultz » Tue Mar 07, 2017 12:52 pm

Bob Rotruck

#3 Postby Bob Rotruck » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:32 am

That zapbook thing is one way I suppose. (never heard of it).

If you no longer have your audio because it is all on soundcloud then go to the audio link on soundcloud, then click the button with the 3 dots that brings the drop-down menu and then go to "edit". Then go to permissions at the top.
On that there is a tick-box to allow the audio to be downloaded.
So you can retrieve and download any old audio that you have on soundcloud only. And from there upload that same file to dropbbox.

I suppose if you have a ton of audio then the zapbook thing would be the wayh to go instead of doing each audio file individually. Whatever works.
Lehigh Valley Phantoms hockey in Allentown, Pennsylvania. AHL affiliate of the Philadelphia Flyers.

Kelly44
The middle number please (4738): 0

#4 Postby Kelly44 » Wed Mar 08, 2017 8:54 am

Dropbox is not really for hosting audio IMO like SoundCloud.

DropBox is more of a fileshare/storage for holding and or transferring audio and video to other people.

That's primarily what we use it for.
Once a radio guy. Now a TV guy.

Tucson News Now Sports

ssteve
antispam: No
The middle number please (4738): 4738

#5 Postby ssteve » Mon Mar 13, 2017 10:51 am

Bob Rotruck wrote:If you no longer have your audio because it is all on soundcloud then go to the audio link on soundcloud, then click the button with the 3 dots that brings the drop-down menu and then go to "edit". Then go to permissions at the top.
On that there is a tick-box to allow the audio to be downloaded.
So you can retrieve and download any old audio that you have on soundcloud only. And from there upload that same file to dropbbox.

Thanks Bob. Huge help! I got it done and now have files in DropBox!!

Return to “Sports Radio Water Cooler”