Know how much of your TV reel employers are watching

Gather around for news and rumors about the industry
Jon Chelesnik

Know how much of your TV reel employers are watching

#1 Post by Jon Chelesnik » Thu Dec 04, 2014 6:41 am

Wouldn’t it be awesome if you knew an employer watched your TV reel and for how long they watched it?

You will know these things if you host your reel on YouTube.

YouTube’s analytics provide two key pieces of info about your TV reel:
1. Who is watching
2. How much of your reel people are watching

Read more here.

Stephen Clark
antispam: No
The middle number please (4738): 4738

Re: Know how much of your TV reel employers are watching

#2 Post by Stephen Clark » Thu Dec 04, 2014 10:34 am

Jon,

Thank you for posting this. I have a YouTube channel and do from time to time check the analytics. One things I was finding was that one of the submissions was getting far more traffic than my other ones, and I did not know why. Still do not know really, as I have not yet customized my YouTube channel yet.

As for the embedding your stuff on your own web page, I used blogspot to do it. You have the option of creating your own background and format, and it does make for easy one click viewing. I am constantly changing mine, adding new material, adding images and schedule updates, blog updates etc. At some point I am sure I will migrate to something more sophisiticated, but I am self-taught, so its tough to be a one man web content deliverer, producer, editor, on-air personality, play by play person, and that is on top of my full time job!

One thing I do, is I closely track the number of times the link gets clicked and the videos viewed once I apply for a job. Its not precise, as some people do randomly stumble upon my site, but it helps. When I change the site, I will publicize it via social media just to see how many clicks it gets. It helps me focus on what social media works and what does not work.

Have a look and give me feedback if you wish. As a broadcaster/high school teacher, I have thick skin! :lol:

http://steveclarksportsbroadcaster.blogspot.ca