Endeavor unveils nine MiLB acquisitions under Diamond Baseball Holdings

Gather around for news and rumors about the industry
PhilGiubileo
The middle number please (4738): 0

Endeavor unveils nine MiLB acquisitions under Diamond Baseball Holdings

#1 Post by PhilGiubileo » Wed Dec 08, 2021 9:30 am

I would consider this to be a potential major shakeup in MiLB. As if the initial consolidation under MLB wasn't enough, I do think this potentially could impact broadcasts in the future. As far as broadcasting goes, hopefully Endeavor just lets the teams continue to operate independently with whatever they've been doing and can maintain the status quo.

However, with consolidation of any type, the idea of cost constraints may come into play. I do seriously wonder with 9 teams (and maybe more coming), whether this group will toy with the idea of contracting out their broadcasting to a group such as Vista Worldlink, and then just staff all of the productions from their Florida studios (as they do with soccer leagues as well as the PHF)?

There are multiple teams from the same league within the initial group of purchases - so why staff 2 broadcasts when I can use one crew from a studio in Florida? Why source cameras/equipment independently for all of these separate teams in separate cities when I can consolidate and save on volume?

I'd look into how they handle their other ownership concerns such as Euroleague, PBR and UFC - are they doing everything onsite, or are they already doing things out of studios (at least partly) - b/c if they are - then my prediction is that they'll look into it for minor league baseball as well.

https://ballparkdigest.com/2021/12/08/e ... qZIyIdmzKU
Phil Giubileo
Play-by-Play Broadcaster/CT Whale (NWHL) & Quinnipiac University Men's/Women's Hockey (ECAC)
Always looking for freelance work in the NY/NJ/CT area

Follow me on Twitter @philgpbp
See my website at http://www.playbyplay.biz

Bill Czaja
The middle number please (4738): 0

Re: Endeavor unveils nine MiLB acquisitions under Diamond Baseball Holdings

#2 Post by Bill Czaja » Tue Jan 04, 2022 8:46 pm

I think one of the secondary factors that led to the demise of the CBA was when broadcasters no longer went on the road. If you're a fan of the Tampico Stogies, you're not going to put on the flagship station to hear the voice of the Crestview Cats call the action. Potentially more to your point, you, I and John Sterling know that you can not call a game remotely. You can do it, but you can't do it right.